Gryphon Gazette

A New Start For an Imaginative Rock Band

Our Review Of: Imagine Dragons: Evolve

Kaitlyn D, Arts and Entertainment Co-Editor

This summer the band Imagine Dragons released a new album called Evolve. Fans went into a frenzy of excitement on June 23, the date of release, quickly buying and listening to the band’s first album since 2015 when they released Smoke And Mirrors. This much awaited album was announced when the group dropped the first single Believer; a song that was featured in the season finale of the popular teen show Riverdale. In the following few months the rock band released three more singles from Evolve: Thunder, Whatever It Takes, and Walking The Wire. All four singles were smash hits among listeners, and promised much for the album.

Upon listening, each song on Evolve is unique and a bop. No two songs sound alike, and the music is complementary to the lyrics of each song. Only two songs, Believer and Thunder, have been played on radio stations; both are extremely catchy and have grown in popularity among tons of teens and young adults over the spring and summer. The album peaked at number two on the Billboard 200, and has sold hundreds of thousands of copies since the release date.

Previous studio albums from Imagine Dragons include Smoke and Mirrors and Night Visions. Only two songs from those albums gained popularity; Radioactive, which made many people familiar with the band, and Demons, both from Night Visions. Evolve has the next big hits from the pop rock group, and fans hope to see plenty more work from them in the future.