Gryphon Gazette

KNSA Will Blow You Away

Elise A., Opinion Editor

Instead of receiving information daily over the blasting loudspeaker, now every two days or so we are met with the bright faces of the production team and dazzling colors of the on screen announcements. This year we have a new setup of announcements, which is brought to us by the KNSA team. These digital creations are a new way designed to make announcements more interactive and fun, while giving out information to the school!

But announcements have not always been this advanced. Up until this year, announcements have been broadcasted over the announcement speakers. Why has that changed? “One of the main issues that I had was a lot of times teachers complained they couldn’t hear the announcements.The other reason was…it staggered the day. So like the kids, some would be in the class, some would be out of the class, and this way teachers can play the announcements whenever works for them,” Principal Ms. Shakel said. She also says that personally she likes them better now and “It will change as the students change, and and as the students learn, get better and improve.”

To get the inside scoop about this topic we decided to speak to the designated “leader” of this creative production team, 8th grader Ryan M. He explained to me the process in which these informative films are made. “On Mondays, we film, so that means every Friday we write and we come up with ideas…We take criticism from people who watch the announcements,” says Ryan, commenting on how he uses the feedback they receive. They also mentioned that after a few weeks of searching for a new spot to do the filming, they have finally settled to the office, where most of the work happens.

“We try to make it fun, but also informative. We try to have a good time with it but also get the information out to the students of North Star,” he says after being asked about his and his team’s goals for the production. The team leader, Ryan M, also talked about how it will evolve and stated “It’s getting better everyday and we hope we can keep that streak and continue to improve until we hit a flow that everyone likes.”

The reviews of this new info launcher was mixed. 3rd grader Aashi T said she liked the morning video announcements because they tell you how much you get along with buddies at North Star Academy and it makes the family bigger. 8th grader Katie said “It’s not as useful as everyday announcements… and the teachers are usually not on top of it”. Marisa G. (8th grade) also said “They are different, but interesting and funny.”  5th grader Olivia B commented “They’re really cool… I also think it’s cool that they let other people do it not just the people in KNSA, and that it’s really informative.”

Who knows where this advanced announcement system will go? The possibilities are endless in the new world of technology we live in today! As the year progresses, so will this entertaining student reminder. But overall the reporting can be brought back with positive results! KNSA I can say without a doubt will continue to develop and grow to be a form of announcement for generations of students to come.