Gryphon Gazette

Robotics Team!

Tyler Y., Reporter

Robotics Team!

Have you heard about the Robotics team? They have gone through many challenges and many hours of work. There are four boys in the team that competed last November; Connor Y, Andrew Y, Ethan M, and Douglas S. “First lego league competition takes a lot of work and a lot of dedication and I’m proud of all the work the team put in.” replied Ms. Keller the 8th and 7th-grade science teacher.
“We got far for paying attention” said Ethan M. When the robotics team was in 5th and 6th grade they won 1st place in sumo bots robotic competition! They also progressed to the second round out of twenty teams! Did you ever wonder why the boys went to robotics? They decided that wizbots wasn’t enough for them, so that’s why they joined the robotics team.
Douglas S. said “Yeet” after the boys won the second round in the Robotics Competition.

The team for telling us about robotics, and go gryphon bots! The robotics team has been going for four years! Every competition takes three months. The bots cost $600 and it also costs $100 dollars to enter in every competition! It also takes ten hours to create the bot! That is about how long the average person sleeps a night. “It was very hard to work on the bots.” replied Connor Y. They will be having another competition In the spring that is more kid friendly (they recommend 5th grade). This robotics team is very dedicated in order to create the robot and then enter it into competitions. Thank you to robotics team for telling us about robotics, and go gryphon bots!