Gryphon Gazette

A Problem with Trash

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Problem with Trash

Tyler, Reporter

Trash can be dangerous in many ways, such as flying and hitting people. Trash hitting people can be very dangerous, since people like to play games on the yard without any interruptions. “The big problem last year with trash in the hallways was way worse, because last year there was smashed HW, spilled juice, broken pencils, etc.” exclaimed 4th grade teacher Mrs. Snyder.

Trash can be very dangerous, because people have gotten hit by flying trash. “I have seen the trash flying around and sometimes the trash hits people and it is not safe!” Arnav a 4th grader said.

The trash around NSA reminds many people of many different things. “The trash reminds me of my room when I was a child, but I eventually figured out a way to keep my room clean.” Ms. Shackel the principle replied. Matteo another 4th grader said “ It sort of reminds me of a big city, because they have a ton of trash just strewn everywhere you look.”  

The shelter has helped in many different ways in many different people’s opinion. Mrs. Snyder said “I think it is a little better, because there are trash cans right there and kids throw the trash away before they play.” People need to put their trash away before they go play. “I think the shelter only helps a little bit.” The North Star janitor exclaimed.

Many people have suggestions to help keep the yard clean. “If I see you drop some trash, I will make you pick up much more, so please throw your trash away in the trash cans.” Ms. Shackel said. Putting your trash is much more helpful for the janitor if you throw the trash away in the bins. “I think we should have parents volunteer to help pick up trash.” Matteo shared. If everyone does their part  in throwing their trash away, then North Star Academy would be an much cleaner environment.