Gryphon Gazette

Cafeteria Food: Great Taste vs. Huge Waste

Back to Article
Back to Article

Amy, Reporter

The cafeteria is disliked by almost the entire student body, although some students may disagree. “The food is absolutely terrible,” said Indra. “I enjoy it!” argued Akiyo. This is a hotly debated topic.

One of the most disliked things about the cafeteria is the long line. “It’s too long,” said Amy. Many students complain they spend almost half their lunchtime waiting in that line. The cafeteria has been trying to find new better line systems but so far none seem to be  working. None of the scholars that we interviewed enjoy the line. Another unpopular thing about the cafeteria is how far it is from the school building.

“Do you think the cafeteria is improving?” we asked many students. Some think that the cafeteria is slightly improving because they upgraded to new drink brands and added cookies, but opinions on this topic vary. Some scholars feel that the cafeteria is just slightly improving.

The favorite foods are:  Pizza, cookies, and the drinks seem to be favored. “The long line is terrible but it’s worth the wait, because the pizza is to die for,” Natalie announced. “I need more cookies!” she proclaimed..

Expectations were high for the cafeteria and many students were disappointed. “I expected it to be neater,” declared Indra. “I didn’t expect too much of it,” says Amy. “I expected much nicer foods, like the ones in movies,” silvana chimed in.

A topic not discussed by many students is the table arrangement. Believe it or not,  some scholars feel strongly about how tables should be arranged. Some students who used to attend schools such as Roy Cloud were quite shocked by the table arrangements as it is vastly idfferent  to the ones they were used to. At some schools the table are organized by grades and they have a special table for students with allergies. “We should have allergy free tables like my old school!” shouted Brennen.

The cafeteria has its ups and downs; But in the end, students still eat there. Although some students strongly dislike the cafeteria and others enjoy the food very much, students manage to eat lunch with their friends at the tables in the cafeteria.

14 Comments

14 Responses to “Cafeteria Food: Great Taste vs. Huge Waste”

1. cayden on October 9th, 2018 2:33 pm

nice article

2. lmao noobs on October 16th, 2018 2:49 pm

cafeteria food SUCKS

3. Drake Phillips on October 17th, 2018 2:27 pm

Hey ur so funny , who r u?

4. Star Moon on October 18th, 2018 7:59 am

I remember that i loved there chicken and they always had little tater tots that came with them. Every time i ate the tots i would have a very hard time swallowing them. I would feel like i was choking and it scared me a lot. The soup with beans was a little to spicy

5. someone on October 25th, 2018 12:31 pm

Yeah. Cafeteria food SUCKSSSSS!!!

6. someone on October 25th, 2018 12:32 pm

Yeah. Cafeteria food SUCKSSSSS!!! why? When I came to this school two years ago I had big expectations. But it sucks. really.

7. Emma on October 25th, 2018 12:38 pm

I really think the cafeteria food SUCKS. The pizza is dry and it tastes like it was made a month ago. Everything is whole wheat, and I understand is they want you to eat healthy, but they don’t have to make EVERY SINGLE THING whole wheat. The cookies are even whole wheat. The cookies are the only thing in the cafeteria that is actually decent. The line is the worst thing ever. It is a nightmare. Everything sucks in the cafeteria. That is my opinion.

8. Alyce on October 26th, 2018 9:02 am

Nice story, I honestly don’t like the food

9. Teddy on October 29th, 2018 2:54 pm

The food just SUCKS! thats all you need to know.

10. sam sigal on October 29th, 2018 8:30 pm

respect the lunch ladies!!

11. sam sigal on October 29th, 2018 8:30 pm

respect the lunch ladies to keep having gucci lunches!!

12. boss on November 9th, 2018 2:41 pm

it’s ok

13. Big Dave on February 22nd, 2019 11:01 am

Bro, these kids are the definition of privileged. At least you get food! So what, the food is not 10/10, but it is really not terrible. The cafeteria line is quite long, and standing outside in the hot sun or pouring rain is not fun, but saying “Cafeteria food SUUUUCKS”, oh my that is infuriating to hear these entitled little kids say that. Appreciate what you have, many of you have top tier lives while many children in other countries are starving. Very annoying.

14. Lucas Balfanz on February 26th, 2019 2:29 pm

Yeah, I agree. The cafeteria isn’t some really fancy top of the line bistro, but it’s far from terrible tbh. The cafeteria ladies work really hard to give us food every day, and people need to appreciate that more

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Cafeteria Food: Great Taste vs. Huge Waste

Opinion

The Flu Season

Opinion

WE walk for water

Opinion

The Middle school dance

Opinion

A Hero who changed our Hearts

• Opinion

The Unique Hobbies Students Do

Opinion

Life Burns

Opinion

Magic the Gathering

Opinion

Gun Safety

Opinion

Lunch Ladies; Basic Units of Life

Opinion

From Newspaper Reporter to Amazing Teacher

The Student News Site of North Star Academy