Gryphon Gazette

From Newspaper Reporter to Amazing Teacher

Ethan, Reporter

Mrs. Snyder is a lovely 4th grade teacher. She has been teaching at North Star for 21 years, but her teaching career started 31 years ago! She is very specific and she teaches her kids things like how to use transition words in their writing.  These are words like “for example” and unfortunately, She always says to be specific in what you are writing. Fourth grade also has the best field trips ever. This year her classroom’s name is The Busy Barn Owls.

Mrs. Snyder said she sometimes feels “… old because I’ve been teaching the longest at North Star.” She added that she loves teaching kids. She wanted to move to a higher grade when she was teaching 3rd grade at North Star, and when a teacher had to move out of 3rd grade she volunteered to go up to 4th grade.  She has been in 4th grade ever since.

“North Star kids are fantastic,”said Mrs. Snyder. “I love 4th grade because they know how to work, and the students get my jokes.”

Ms. Snyder drives to North Star every day from San Francisco, where she lives with her husband and two sons.  Other jobs she has had include, dishwasher, short order cook, singing messenger, and newspaper reporter. She says that by far teaching is the best job she has ever had.

Ms. Lozano (a retired 3rd grade teacher) said “Mrs. Snyder has always seen the big picture about things at school and outside school. I think that she is wise and caring and that she has a super thoughtful heart.”

Ms. Lozano went on to say that Mrs. Snyder always has high standards and is able to create a balance in her assignments that allows students to develop their skills to high levels, while gaining deeper understanding and all the while having the opportunity to be creative, to be themselves.

Some students such as Hannah, Lizzy, Celeste, Lyla, Lily and more said “Mrs. Snyder is fun, nice, calm, understandable, and makes learning fun, she is kind, and fun to be around, and explains things well.”

Ms. Rinehart (a retired 4th grade teacher) said “Mrs. Snyder was a great person to work with, she is an outstanding teacher,” and added that she is very good at teaching kids to be better writers, and she is a fun friend.

Mrs. Snyder used to be a journalist/newspaper reporterand now she teaches the  Newspaper Lab enrichment class. Newspaper Lab is all about writing articles about NSA. Third graders, next year you will have one of the best teachers at North Star and will be glad to be 4th graders.

1 Comment

One Response to “From Newspaper Reporter to Amazing Teacher”

1. Maya Hristova on October 26th, 2018 10:00 am

I think the story is good and really tells the truth about Ms.Snyder.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• From Newspaper Reporter to Amazing Teacher

Opinion

Life Burns

Opinion

Magic the Gathering

Opinion

Gun Safety

Opinion

Lunch Ladies; Basic Units of Life

• Opinion

Spirit Days and What People Think About Them

Opinion

Cafeteria Food: Great Taste vs. Huge Waste

Opinion

A Problem with Trash

All Day Enrichment

The Gardening Enrichment’s Full Day Enrichment

School News

PE Equipment

School News

New Teacher Getting Married

The Student News Site of North Star Academy