What Student think about Distance Learning

Jaime, Audrey, and Charlene

At North Star Academy, there are students who think distance learning is easy and students who think that it is hard. Everyone has an opinion. Do students want to cry into their pillows or do they wanna dance all night long?
Students were asked what they think about our current type of schooling because people think differently. Some students have problems with SDL and some people love it.
Some students said they really miss being with their friends.
“I would say not being able to see your friends during school (is the hardest part) because like I would see them for 8 hours a day but now I barely see them, but sometimes I go to their house,” said Liza from 5th grade.
“I like real school better because you get to see your friends and do more activities” said Lily from 5th grade.
However students mostly said they found ways to be with their friends. “Um I communicate with some of them and do facetime or zoom” said Emma.
Some students said they didn’t like the fact that “you can’t go up to the teacher and ask questions.” stated Ashley in 5th grade
Many people like it because they enjoy being in the comfort of their own home. Others appreciate the more fluid schedule.
“The best part of SDL is that the time you get to do work is flexible since you can do classwork outside of school hours. “ said Ilkay from 4th grade.
“The best part for me is not having to go by the school schedule, but your own! you can whip through everything by lunchtime, or you can drag it out until Friday, midnight.” added, Lorenz 4th grade.
Everyone agrees, however, that it’s not worth risking their health just to go to school!
“Stay at home because covid can kill me,” said Hannah from 5th grade
People’s attitudes about distance learning are very mixed. Some people like school more because they can interact and hang out with friends but some people on the other hand some people like the comfort of home, the fact that they can sleep in late and eat whenever they want.
What’s the best part about social distance learning?
I guess, uhh i don’t know. The best part is staying home and being comfortable.