New 4th Grade Teacher Mrs.Kim

New 4th Grade Teacher Mrs.Kim

Navaeh, Reporter

I interviewed Mrs. Kim, a new North Star teacher, to ask her a few questions so you all can know a bit about her. I also asked some students their favorite things about Mrs. Kim. Here are some of the answers I got from Mrs. Kim.
Where did you grow up? “I grew up in Southern California! My husband and I just moved here to the Bay Area because my husband got a new job!”
What was your job before the north star? “Before North Star, I taught middle school! I’ve also taught elementary school too. But in college, I also taught piano.”
What’s your favorite restaurant? “I absolutely love Chipotle, Korean food, and sushi.”
What is the most useful talent you have? “I would have to say my most useful talent would be teaching students and playing the piano!”
What food do you like a lot that other people might find odd? “I love pickles and salt and vinegar chips. Some people really do not like them!”
What are some of your favorite games to play? “I love to play Monopoly Deal and Uno with my family! Our games always become very competitive! It’s so much fun.”
What do you wish someone taught you a long time ago? “I’ve learned how to do this now, but I wish someone taught me how to correctly French braid my hair and how to fold fitted bedsheets!”
What’s something unique about you? “I am Korean-American and able to speak Korean fluently.”
What subjects do you think should be taught but aren’t? “I wish that music and orchestra were a part of the regular school year.”
What’s your favorite subject to teach? “I love teaching all the subjects to be completely honest, but I really enjoyed teaching math!”
In this paragraph I asked some students about what their favorite things about Mrs. Kim are. Vivien Daum said her favorite thing about Mrs. Kim is “Is that she is very nice and posts only the right amount of work. Tatum Gaffney said his favorite thing about Mrs. Kim is “She is kind and funny and not really strict, and very outgoing.” Mrs. Kim is a wonderful addition to the North Star staff and we are glad that she is here.Update: Mrs. Kim just announced she will be having a baby that is expected some time in January!