The Lure of the Chromebooks!

HEHE HAHA :)

The Lure of the Chromebooks!

Ethan and Will

Fourth grade computers have recently been taken by teachers because they want them to not be treated badly or stepped on . Several students report that others are messing around playing games like Geometry Dash & and Shell Shockers. This is what caused chromebooks to be limited.
Mia, 4th grade, says “It is a good idea [to take away chromebooks], but sometimes, no.” Other students also say that they have no computers at home and can’t work on homework.
Not all games are bad. There are some games that help with learning. i-Ready math games help with math learning. The games are Hungry Fish, Cloud Machine, Bounce, Zoom, Cupcake, Match, and Pizza. Another is ABCya. ABCya has many game types, like Math Races and Rhode Island Hop. Math playground is an educational website. It is like ABCya in many ways. Nothing is really different about it than ABCya. There are educational games out there, though teachers won’t let NSA play anything except i-Ready math games
Owen, another 4th grader, says that he wouldn’t want his computer to be taken away. “No, definitely no,” he says.
Several other students agree with Owen. None of them would want their home computers to be taken away. Only Luca in 4th grade would (sometimes) like his computer be taken away. “Only if I had been playing [for] the whole time (he means class period) [and got a lot of time on the game],” he says.
Many kids do what Luca says. They play games until they get caught and their computer gets taken away. The teachers get notified by ‘nosy’ kids and the game-players get in trouble. Sometimes, the kids who tell are the kids who play games!
So it appears that many students do not like this rule about computers. Who would like it, anyway? You must deal with it though. So, take these rules seriously, have fun, and don’t mess around on computers!