The Student News Site of North Star Academy

Gryphon Gazette

Gryphon Gazette

Gryphon Gazette

Poll

What's the most important way we can protect the environment, in your opinion?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Trailblazing the Math Pathways
Trailblazing the Math Pathways
Jenna.K April 26, 2024
Our Environmental Greenhouse
Our Environmental Greenhouse
Genesis X, Marcie H, and Karysa L April 23, 2024
Your Student Council at Work
Diamond April 19, 2024

Students’ Thoughts on the Many Changes at North Star

Many changes are going on at North Star and the students have varying opinions on them. The changes include no more playing tag – because it’s too dangerous, no all-day enrichment- because it costs too much money, and cameras outside the bathrooms- because of the vandalism.

Many students think that most of the changes were unnecessary. “All-day enrichment was fun and it being removed was unreasonable.” said one student. And added that the cameras outside the bathroom were creepy and, “crossing the boundaries. On the other hand, they said tagging being banned was ok and was logical. 

Another student said that the school should lower the costs of other less important events to have enough money for all-day enrichment. This is because it was really fun and the best part of enrichment. For tag though, she said that it was reasonable to be taken away because it made her feel very unsafe. In her opinion, the cameras outside of the bathrooms feel a bit “sus” and it is only reasonable if they are not checking it daily.

Another student said that while some say that enrichment is mostly boring, all-day enrichment was, “the best part.” This student has a different opinion about playing tag being taken away, “Taking away tag was dumb because it was really fun.” Though this student did not think the bathroom cameras were bad and that they were not crossing, “the boundaries.”

Lastly, another student said it was a terrible idea to remove all-day enrichment because it is unreasonable and the school should stop putting money into other stupid things. This student also agreed that the tag being taken away was reasonable. For the cameras outside of the bathroom though, he said it was needed because kids were being weird inside.

With this evidence, it seems that students have a variety of opinions about all the changes. Some say that some of the changes were not needed, while the other changes are reasonable and make students feel more safe.