The Student News Site of North Star Academy

Gryphon Gazette

Gryphon Gazette

Gryphon Gazette

Poll

What's the most important way we can protect the environment, in your opinion?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

7th grade Yosemite trip
7th grade Yosemite trip
Justin. A May 24, 2024
What Really Happens at Lunch
What Really Happens at Lunch
Shepard A May 24, 2024
The School’s New Counselor
The School’s New Counselor
Amru A. and Arden M. May 21, 2024

The School’s New Counselor

At North Star, we have a new counselor. Her name is Ms. Jasmine. So far, she only comes on Monday as a part time counselor. People who have been taking her classes enjoy it. Ms. Jasmine has been counseling in many different schools like San Mateo and McKinley. She is very excited to counsel many different students and is always happy to help!

A 5th grader said, “Ms. Jasmine is really nice.”

Ms. Jasmine started counseling at this school in February and is planning to provide emotional support to all students by providing a safe and creative space. She uses a technique called psycho counseling, which provides coping skills and many other strategies to help the student’s emotional strength.

Ms Jasmine loves to communicate with students to help them. Communication is key, she says. She loves talking with scholars and is always happy to help. Communication is what helps everybody no matter what. In fact, the volume of conversational speech is around 60 decibels (dB)

“Comparison is the thief of joy,” Ms. Jasmine said.  Students at this age often worry too much about how they rank against other kids and they end up feeling like they don’t measure up.  This can lead to feelings of inadequacy or sadness.  Ms. Jasmine can help guide you through these feelings.  

“She will be a good influence for our school”, a 5th grader named Xavier.

Ms. Jasmine started counseling at this school in February and only comes on Mondays. It is most likely hard to make an appointment, but she is hoping to enroll full time. Some think that Ms.Christi should come back, but others think Ms. Jasmine is the perfect alternative. Regardless, Ms. Jasmine will be coming soon, so be prepared for a fun-loving counselor!

Ms. Jasmine is a hard working, fun-loving, kind, compassionate, counselor. She will be there when you need her, and she is always happy to help and communicate with scholars around the school. Ms. Jasmine is hoping to do what’s best for the school.