The Student News Site of North Star Academy

Gryphon Gazette

Gryphon Gazette

Gryphon Gazette

Poll

What's the most important way we can protect the environment, in your opinion?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

7th grade Yosemite trip
7th grade Yosemite trip
Justin. A May 24, 2024
What Really Happens at Lunch
What Really Happens at Lunch
Shepard A May 24, 2024
The School’s New Counselor
The School’s New Counselor
Amru A. and Arden M. May 21, 2024

7th grade Yosemite trip

On April 28 went to a place called Yosemite. Yosemite is a national park and North Star 7th graders usually go there for their field trip. The students were talking about it a lot. 

“I’m really excited and I want to experience life in a cabin.”said 7th grader Tommy. “I’m especially excited to go with my friends.”

“I’m excited to look at beautiful views.” said 7th grader Chris. “I love outdoor activities.”

Most of the other 7th graders have said that it feels like they will skip school and be on a vacation. One week later they came back from their trip to Yosemite and came filled with excitement to share the news with us. 

The 7th graders went on hikes to see the big waterfall in the picture above. Others went to the Bear Gulch Cave which is a single track trail which includes two destination points with benches – the Redwood Flat and The Meadows. Since they were lucky they got to see snow and hail in Yosemite.

“When we were up there a snow storm formed.”said 7th grader Diamond “It first started raining then started to turn to snow then hail. It was really cool to see how storms were formed.”

“Hiking the trail was hard but I was rewarded when I saw the views.”said 7th grader Nicholas “It was really fun and I’m excited for my next outdoor adventure.” 

I asked other 7th graders about their trip and they said they had a lot of fun being at Yosemite because there was a beautiful waterfall, nice views and they got to see unusual things they will never forget. If you want to go to the Yosemite trip with the school then wait until you are a 7th grader.