The Student News Site of North Star Academy

Gryphon Gazette

Gryphon Gazette

Gryphon Gazette

Poll

What's the most important way we can protect the environment, in your opinion?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Trailblazing the Math Pathways
Trailblazing the Math Pathways
Jenna.K April 26, 2024
Our Environmental Greenhouse
Our Environmental Greenhouse
Genesis X, Marcie H, and Karysa L April 23, 2024
Your Student Council at Work
Diamond April 19, 2024

The Enrichment changed

At the start of this trimester, Dr.O’neal changed all sports enrichment to roller skating. 

“We wanted to change it up for the year and we might change it again, but it all depends,” said Dr. Oneal.

“The kids were able to do sports that were fun, but the school felt like they needed to change it up,” said Coach Jawan.

Dr.O’Neal said that she loved roller skating when she was younger and she thinks it is good exercise.he added that in all sports there was too much free roaming. The teachers for roller skating are extremely nice and they are therapy teachers as they calm them down students while roller skating.

Some kids in roller skating said that they loved skating because the teacher was kind… 

Charlotte, a fifth grader in roller skating enrichment, said she loved roller skating because they got to practice and try new things, which is enjoyable. 

Lucas from 6th grade, who is in the class, said he doesn’t like roller skating because they only get to skate around and just go in a circle.  This is not fun whatsoever.  However, there is a part about basketball and he enjoys that.

Fifth grader Aidan H. said, “I don’t know why they changed it to roller skating because I think most people like all sports more than skating.” 

Fifth Grader Xander A said, “He prefers the basketball part more yet he still enjoys skating.”

While some students don’t like the change and long for All-Sports to return, others say it was a good idea. So what do you think should we keep it or get rid of it? If you think they should keep it like the paper if not also like it. But tell us why in the comments. Remember you can make an impact on this change. 

1
View Comments (1)