The Student News Site of North Star Academy

Gryphon Gazette

Gryphon Gazette

Gryphon Gazette

Poll

What's the most important way we can protect the environment, in your opinion?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Trailblazing the Math Pathways
Trailblazing the Math Pathways
Jenna.K April 26, 2024
Our Environmental Greenhouse
Our Environmental Greenhouse
Genesis X, Marcie H, and Karysa L April 23, 2024
Your Student Council at Work
Diamond April 19, 2024

The Art of Geomart

For at least one trimester every year this exciting class is open for enrichment. This class is creative art mixed with beautiful geometry. There are many people in the geomart class, many that are working hard to do their job. This enrichment is known for people doing arts and crafts while also doing geometric math.

Mrs. Robinson, the teacher said, ¨I enjoy art and Geometry so I wanted to combine the two.¨ 

5th grader Francis, said that he loved having Mrs. Robinson as the teacher and also that she is his homeroom teacher, ¨I would love to make 3D things,” he added.  Francis said he has done a lot of projects that he hasn’t finished, and said right now he’s working on a project titled. ´The Floating ball¨.  

Sylvia, a fifth grader, I asked her why she chose this class.  She told me,  ¨I did this class because I like drawing and I heard that Mrs. Robinson was a good teacher.¨   She also is happy because she has a lot of friends in the class, like her friend Megan. 

The last question I had asked her was “what stuff have you made?”

She answered that she had a liking for Photo objects.

Lastly, I interviewed Mrs. Robinson, I told the teacher said, ¨I enjoy art and Geometry so I wanted to combine the two.¨ 

Mrs. Robinson said her favorite part was the finished projects and the kids.   Her favorite project is the tesselations.

¨Everybody is doing a great job and they are very enthusiastic,¨ said Mrs. Robinson.

These students in this enrichment class work in a very quick focused manner.  They seem to love what they are doing and take the time to make sure everything is perfect. This enrichment class is a pleasure to be in and they produce beautiful work.