The Student News Site of North Star Academy

Gryphon Gazette

Gryphon Gazette

Gryphon Gazette

Poll

What's the most important way we can protect the environment, in your opinion?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

7th grade Yosemite trip
7th grade Yosemite trip
Justin. A May 24, 2024
What Really Happens at Lunch
What Really Happens at Lunch
Shepard A May 24, 2024
The School’s New Counselor
The School’s New Counselor
Amru A. and Arden M. May 21, 2024

About Our Vending Machine    

Don’t you just wish you could eat a tasty snack during school. Well just go to the two story building downstairs and enjoy a nice snack. The vending machine is good and bad in many ways because it could waste your money, or give you snacks like chips.

“It is horrible. It is always sold out and it never takes $2 bills and you have to really push in the coins and it is too expensive,” said a 4th grader named Paul. Many students say they think the vending machine is way too expensive and it is bad. The vendor chooses the items inside of the vending machine and the prices are chosen by the vendor too. 

“It is a nice way to provide snacks to students,” said Anya, a 7th grader. 

The reason why the machine was installed there is because that was the most convenient place and the only place where an outlet was that was a big space. Also because a lot of scholars walk past it when heading out the building and a lot of people go down the stairs and see it.

“It is really horrible and I want it to work, but it is helpful when it works.” said Mylah, a 4th grader. 

The vending machine is the brainchild of the NSA Student Council  then vice President, Leo and President Shira,  thought of the idea of putting a vending machine in the school. The paperwork and district approval for the vending machine took 4 months. Because the vending machine is so heavy they used a dolly to get it in the building. It was installed mid-year last year.