The Student News Site of North Star Academy

Gryphon Gazette

Gryphon Gazette

Gryphon Gazette

Poll

What's the most important way we can protect the environment, in your opinion?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Ms. Robinson Retiring
Ms. Robinson Retiring
Amru A., Arden M., and Will April 29, 2024
Trailblazing the Math Pathways
Trailblazing the Math Pathways
Jenna.K April 26, 2024
Our Environmental Greenhouse
Our Environmental Greenhouse
Genesis X, Marcie H, and Karysa L April 23, 2024

Girls Bathroom Needs a Little Attention!

“There’s always water on the ground, which is really annoying, and we have no paper towels,” says Denali in 5th grade.  Although the problems aren’t as splashy and dramatic as the shenanigans in the boys restroom, the girls restroom does deserve a little attention.

Many girls have been complaining about the girls bathroom. A lot of them have negative things to say, like it’s dirty and has trash all over. It also has been out of soap this past week.  However, some people have good things to say about it. “The best thing about the girl’s bathroom is that you can go to the bathroom and people can’t see you,” Says Lucy in 8th grade.

Most of the girls who go into the bathroom actually use the bathroom, but sometimes they do other things. “They kind of talk and crowd up the bathroom,” Says Isla from 5th grade. Some students hide out in the bathroom when they don’t want to go to PE or they are avoiding someone.  Last week a group of girls was caught during class time, hanging out and looking at their phones.

Some people don’t like that the girl’s bathroom doesn’t have a working paper towel dispenser. According to Mrs. Mayra, some girls were playing with the paper towels and not doing what they were supposed to with them. That’s the reason they were taken away. Noor from 5th grade says sometimes she saw 4th graders fill up paper towels with soap and throw them at the ceiling! 

A lot of people don’t like that some of the things in the bathroom are broken. “The feminine hygiene dispenser has been broken ever since I got here!” said Piper and Stefanie from 8th grade. This can be a problem.

Our office manager Mrs. Mayra thinks that there are many things to improve, but it takes everyone to repair and take care of them. “The bathroom is big enough for everybody, if everybody takes care of it,” says Mrs. Peggy.